docx4j 11.4.9 and 8.3.9 are now available in Maven Central. For downloads, go to https://www.docx4java.org/downloads.html
The logic behind the version numbering is as follows:
- docx4j 11.4 targets Java 11 and newer, and uses jakarta.xml.bind (as opposed to the previous javax.xml.bind)
- docx4j 8.3 is a legacy release targeting Java 8, which uses javax.xml.bind
v11.4 is where active development is taking place, and we recommend this release (unless you are stuck on Java 8).
These are minor upgrades from the last point release:
- Fixes #529 Converting multiple AltChunks may corrupt content list
- Allow a docx containing a broken image (rel target=null case) to be loaded and saved.
- pptx4j: Add various packages (primarily org.docx4j.com.microsoft.schemas.office.drawing sub packages) already present in docx4j Context.jc to jcPML
- Switch from oss-parent and maven-deploy-plugin to nexus-staging-maven-plugin for releases to Maven Central.
Take note if upgrading for to docx4j v11.4 from a legacy release: docx4j v11.4 uses Jakarta XML Binding API 3.0, as opposed to JAXB 2.x used in earlier versions (which import javax.xml.bind.*). Since this release uses jakarta.xml.bind, rather than javax.xml.bind, if you have existing code which imports javax.xml.bind, you'll need to search/replace across your code base, replacing javax.xml.bind with jakarta.xml.bind. You'll also need to replace your JAXB jars (which Maven will do for you automatically; otherwise get them from the relevant zip file).