docx4j 8.3.0 is now in Maven Central.
The main change in this release is that the font discovery code, used in PDF via FO and borrowed from Apache FOP, is refreshed from recent FOP source code. This allows a number of fonts which previously couldn't be read to be read successfully.
Since this change introduces several new dependencies (fontbox and fop-events), we have started the 8.3 version series.
Notable changes in Version 8.3.0
- PDF via FO: Update font discovery (see above)
- Where bold/italic font variations are not available (eg in Chinese fonts), use fop's simulate-style to generate bold and oblique looking glyphs for PDF output.
- Support rPr character spacing in PDF and HTML output, XHTML import.
- Rework FlatOpcXmlCreator to prevent marshaller elevating namespace decs to the package element. Fixes #444
- Bump commons-compress to 1.20; fop to 2.5
To use docx4j 8.3.0 via Maven, just add one and only one of docx4j-JAXB-Internal, docx4j-JAXB-MOXy,
or docx4j-JAXB-ReferenceImpl to your pom. https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.docx4j
Otherwise, see https://www.docx4java.org/downloads.html
Minimum supported Java version is 8.0. (docx4j 11.3.0, a JPMS modularised release for Java 11 users will follow in coming days. Please note Java 11 users can use docx4j 8.3.0 if they wish)