We managed successfully to integrate the docx4j library into some projects here, however there is something we would like to use that apparently is not supported.
There is an issue with Simple Fields (w:fldSimple).
Due to security reasons, I can't give you the full Word document, but I can give you the related xml sources :
In the prepared template with OpenDoPE (header2_input.xml), this field works perfectly and the field is shown.
After the binding process (header2_output.xml), that simple field is simply gone from the xml.
We also noticed that the lines count is less after the binding than before.
Our goal with this simple field is to get the page number in a section.
We would like to know why or if we did something wrong.