When evaluating the style hierarchy from ECMA 376 Part 4 §2.7.2 the following happens:
- The document defaults are applied -- ok
- Table styles are applied (extension of mine to PropertyResolver). This may override the defaults -- ok
- Numbering styles are ignored -- ok
- Paragraph styles are applied. Most paragraph styles inherit from "Normal", "Normal" inherits from "DocDefaults". So this will reapply the document defaults overridden by the table styles -- NOT ok
- "Normal" must not be based on document defaults.
- A class with the javadoc description
must not trigger permanent changes to the underlying StylesDefinitionPart.This class works out the actual set of properties (paragraph or run) which apply, following the order specified in ECMA-376.
(From the Contact form I understood that this type of discussion should got into the forum. Is this ok?)