docx4j-ImportXHTML 11.4.8 is now available in Maven Central.
Changes in this release:
- MathML support (requires user-supplied mathml2omml.xslt)
- Support converting altChunks of type mht (as emitted by BIRT) - proof of concept.
For downloads, go to https://www.docx4java.org/downloads.html
This release is JPMS modularised, and uses jakarta.xml.bind.
The logic behind the version number is as follows:
- its -ImportXHTML 11 since it targets Java 11; If you are not using Java 11 or later, you should stick with ImportXHTML 8.3 (compiled for Java 8).
- it is -ImportXHTML 11.4, since like docx4j 11.4, this release uses jakarta.xml.bind (as opposed to the previous javax.xml.bind)
- it does require docx4j 11.4
Since this release uses jakarta.xml.bind, rather than javax.xml.bind, if you have existing code which imports javax.xml.bind, you'll need to search/replace across your code base, replacing javax.xml.bind with jakarta.xml.bind. You'll also need to replace your JAXB jars (which Maven will do for you automatically; otherwise get them from the relevant zip file).